Pierre

Default Blank page preceding new section on ODD page

I tried to find the solution in the archives but I couldn't find it.
Apologies if it's already covered.

I have a document with multiple sections.
I have running headers and footers that work fine

I specifed Different ODD and EVEN for each section (except for the front
matter section). The proble is that I end up with a blank EVEN page preceding
new sections WHEN there is no text on that even page. The only workaround I
found is to insert a page break at the end of the text preceding a new
section when the text from the previous section does not spill into the next
even page.

Is there a better way to fix this? I want to create a template with this
document.

Thank you