Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
et et is offline

Default help with two different text directions in a label mail merge

How do i do this? All the data below needs to go on a 2 x 4 avery label along
with the mail merge data of Last, First name going vertical on the left side
of the label.

CATALOG TERM FOR MAJOR REQUIREMENTS: «Catalog_1»
You have earned «Earned» credits through the Spring 2008 semester toward the
122 required for your degree.
Your overall GPA is «GPA» a minimum of 2.00 is required overall and in the
major to graduate.
This Checksheet includes only completed courses through Spring 2008.

I can seem to get the first label to work if I select labels and turn the
vertical text the way I need and then "insert column to the right". Then past
the information above into the new column but when i go to update labels only
the vertical information updates for all the labels. NOT the info above,
EXCEPT in the very first label. And if I scroll thru the recipients in step 5
of six, the first label of each page will display the correct format for the
label with the correct info. needed. But I don't want to print one label per
page for a list of 300+ recipients.

Thank you for all your help!
et