Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geekgrrl geekgrrl is offline

Default Themed Document and Section Breaks

I'm trying to redo a document from Word 2003 to Word 2007. I want to
take advantange of the new theming to make the document look more
professional, but I'm having an issue with themes, formatting, and
inserting section breaks.

I created a customized template based on one of the standard themes,
Equity Report, adding a TOC and tweaking colors and fonts only, and
saved the template.

I then created a new document based on my customized template. The
problem started when I went to put a header on each page, starting
with page 2 of my document. The first two pages are the cover page
and the TOC.

I ended up with the the header and footer starting with the TOC. I
used to handle this in Word 2003 by adding sections, and starting the
headers in the second section.

My problem is that if I add a new section, I loose the theming on the
new page. Any idea on how to add a section and keep my theme
formatting ( borders etc.). SHouldn't this work similar to inserting
a page break? Page breaks, incidentally, do keep the formatting.

Thanks,

Geekgrrl.