Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default using if formulas in mail merge

It works better if instead of deleting the paragraph if the answer is no,
you only insert it if the answer is yes.!
You can use IncludeText or Autotext fields to insert the text or simply put
the paragraph in the conditional field.

Kaiser Jonesy wrote:
I work in employment law and part of my job involves completing
contracts of employment, employee handbooks and mangement guidelines
for clients. I would like to know how I could use mail merge to
reduce the time I currently spend on this? At the moment I use a mail
merge were by I answer some questions with Yes or No and then merge
this answer to the Word document. From this I then delete or leave in
the paragraph depending on the answer. How can you use an If formula
in such a way so that it deletes this paragraph automatically from
the word document if the anser is No?

Basically I am looking to design a document builder.