Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
George99 George99 is offline

Default How to eliminate Header on Contents Page

I am using Word 2007 for a document which is about 100 pages, with about 20
chapter titles which I appear as headers on the even pages. The title of the
document appears as a header on odd numbered pages beginning with page 3. I
have made a contents page which is page 2. Page 1 is a title page (not a MS
Cover Page) and has no header since I have checked €śDifferent First Page€ť in
the page layout. My problem is that the title of the first chapter €śPreface€ť
appears as a header on page 2, the contents page. How can I eliminate this
one header?