Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default How to eliminate Header on Contents Page

Insert a section break between the cover page and the contents page; page 2
will then be the first page of a new section and will use the empty First
Page Header. Alternatively, if you're using a StyleRef field to generate the
header content, put an empty paragraph in that style on page 2.

"George99" wrote in message
news
I am using Word 2007 for a document which is about 100 pages, with about 20
chapter titles which I appear as headers on the even pages. The title of
the
document appears as a header on odd numbered pages beginning with page 3.
have made a contents page which is page 2. Page 1 is a title page (not a
MS
Cover Page) and has no header since I have checked "Different First Page"
in
the page layout. My problem is that the title of the first chapter
"Preface"
appears as a header on page 2, the contents page. How can I eliminate this
one header?