Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default "Find" finds text but "Replace" doesn't

It's two spaces. Find finds it, Replace does not.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Do we have to guess what the find string is that you cannot find?

Eric wrote:
Yes, I typed the same thing into the Replace box that I typed into
the Find box.

I mentioned Track Changes only in an attempt to mention anything
which might be relevant. This *shouldn't* be relevant, but perhaps
is. My target text *is* visible.

The weird thing is that Find finds it, but Replace does not. It's the
same target text, no special search options or formatting in the Find
or Replace. For both Find and Replace, I type it into the Find or
Replace box. Yet Find finds it, and Replace doesn't. I can't figure
out why.

"grammatim" wrote:

Did you type something into the Replace box?

Why do you mention the Track Changes? Find won't find Changes when
the Changes aren't visible.

On Jun 22, 8:19 am, Eric wrote:
Why would this happen?

I'm using Word 2003. The document contains revisions, and I'm in
Final view, so the revisions are not visible.

Why would Find find text but Replace doesn't? Shouldn't Find an
Replace work exactly the same way?

Thanks.