Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Default 2 copies of Word 2007 open from Outlook 2007

What graphics card do you have?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
:

Outlook 2007 uses its own special version of Word 2007 as editor and you no
longer have the choice to use, or not use, Word as e-mail editor. If you
open a Word attachment it will open in a separate instance of Word. You may
view this this as there being two instances of Word but the 'Outlook one'
doesn't have all the facilities of a normal Word session; although it loks
and feels like Word in some respects (because it uses the same code) it
remains part of Outlook.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Tsugazi" wrote in message
news
Hi all, I am running Office 2007 Professional Plus and keep having the
same
problem: 2 copies of Word open when I open a Word attachment from Outlook.
Furthermore, I cannot open other files or do anything in the 2nd Word
window
(which does not have a document posted within it; the other open window
Word
has the attachment). Is this a glitch in Office 2007 or am I missing
something?

Thanks.