Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Can I insert another table of contents but just for appendices

Hi ?B?Q3JhaWcgV2FyZA==?=,

Yep, that works, but I want the 2nd TOC to only display the headers from the
insertion point onwards. To summarise: I've a TOC at the start of the
document, and now I want a 2nd TOC on the first page of the appendix, which
lists the appendix headers.

You have two basic approaches you to choose from

1. Bookmark the entire appendix (select, then Insert/Bookmark), then build the
TOC on the bookmark (see the Word Help for TOC field for information on the
available switches that can set this)

2. Format the headings of the Appendix using a different set of styles, then
set up the second TOC to use these styles. This can be set in the "Options"
section of Insert/References/Indexes and Tables/Table of Contents

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)