Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Idaho Word Man - TOC formatting

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm. Note that it is not possible
to change the default settings in the dialog. If you use a specific type of
TOC, you can save the TOC field as an AutoText entry.

"CS" wrote in message
Thank you for your help regarding the TOC formatting problem. I reviewed

the
document you sent and found it to be close to the problem but not on

target.
I am still hoping for more information.
Thank you.

The question again - hopefully more clearly - is: When working in the
Insert/reference/index and tables; in this diaglog box it offers a place

choose how many levels will show in the TOC selected from the styles

within
the document. Each time I choose 6 levels. Then I go into 'options' and
change the default settings to the order in which I would like them to

appear
in the TOC. Both of these tasks do not stick. After I leave this to update
the TOC and then return to now modify the appearance of each TOC level -

both
actions; the number of levels have returned to the orginal 3 instead of my
chosen 6 and the listed order in which I placed has gone back to the

orginal
default order. This is very frustrating. I am working on a template I am
trying to build for consistency for future large reports. Please help.

CS