Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NewbiePete NewbiePete is offline

Default hyperlink to bookmark in 2nd frame makes 1st frame doc jump topage 1

On Aug 10, 10:41*pm, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
Hi Peta,

Is this using a frames page on the left that contains links to bookmarks in a document already opened in the 2nd frame, or another
configuration?

==================
* "NewbiePete" wrote in ...
Is it just me that finds this annoying?

Is there any way to retain ones position in the main frame page when a
hyperlink is activated which brings up a bookmark in the second frame?

thanks a lot

Peta
--

Bob *Buckland *?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

* *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Hi Bob

I've got an empty frame on the left which when I click a hyperlink
bookmark in frame 1, it shows the relevant text (from the same/current
doc) on the left (frame 2).

I've just tried this a couple of more times & frame 1 doesn't always
(intermittent) jump to page 1.

Is this a bug?

thanks Bob