Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Customized Quick Access toolbar disappears

Hi Laurie,

After they've disappeared, if you go to the Customization dialog
(Alt, F, I, C) and look at the listing for QAT items in that document or template are they still listed?

Is the document you're switching with using a different template as the basis for the document than the one with the custom QAT in
it and does the other one also have a document specific set of QAT content?

Do you have Office 2007 Service Pack 1 installed?

==============
"laurie_g" wrote in message ...
No, they actually disappear. I have added Page Orientation, New Drawing
Canvas, WordArt, Print, and Exit Word commands. I am not in compatability
mode, it is not saved as a template or in some obsure location - it is saved
locally. I have all the updates for Windows XP and Office 2007.

I have not had any problems at all customizing QATs in PowerPoint. I open
PPT and save a document, then add commands to the QAT for THAT document by
using the "Customize Quick Access toolbar..." command. Which is the same as
what I am doing in Word...

Since this is a document that is going to be distributed and used as a
template by very young users, I need to feel secure that the QAT will stay
intact.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP