Jay Freedman

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 05:31:03 -0700, "steepcreep"
wrote:

How does one display multiple documents ie. cascade/tile in a single instance
(open window) of word? Similar to excel. For example, you have two docs open
and a tab bar at the bottom of the window (not the taskbar) which allows you
to switch between the active document. I am especially thinking about tiling
2 docs so that I can use the tools from a single word window as two open word
windows consumes considerable real estate on ones screen. Thanks.

It's always a good idea to mention what version of Word you have. In
this case it makes a big difference.

For Word 2002 or 2003, go to Tools Options View and uncheck the
box for "Windows in Taskbar". You still won't get a tab bar, but you
can use the Window menu or the Ctrl+F6 combination to switch between
documents, or just mouse-click from one to the other.

For Word 2000, it's quite difficult to get that effect. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm for an
explanation and a link to a solution.

If you had Word 97 you wouldn't be asking, because that's the only way
that version works.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman