Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kay Kay is offline

Default Incorrect autotext for path and file name

I am unable to add the document name and path to my footers using
autotext/autoinsert. Instead of adding the path, I get a series of small
boxes, almost like I inserted a graphic. I cannot figure out how to reset the
autotext so the proper info will appear. HELP!
I enter view- header/footer, and select the file name and path from the
drop down box. then all I see inserted are these little boxes. All the word
docs I have will not allow me to use the file name & path, but my excel docs
work properly. What have I done?
--
Kay