Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] mark.soutter@gmail.com is offline

Default Update fields FUBARs my formatting!

When I "update fields" in my MS Word documents some cross-references
to tables and figures alter the formatting of the paragraph that
contains them. For example, I update fields and the paragraph:

"Blah blah blah Table 3 blah blah blah"

becomes:

"Blah blah blah

Table 3 blah blah blah"

-with many rows of blank space in the middle of my sentence.

or alternately the entire paragraph becomes formatted as a Table
caption.

It's especially annoying when I try to print to a PDF, the fields
atomatically update and my PDF has FUBAR formatting.

Can anyone tell me what I've done to deserve this? Or how to fix it?
(Please, don't tell me I need a Mac!)

Thanks.