WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do you write over a line

Hi there! Don't worry, you're definitely not using the wrong method of making lines in your questionnaire. In fact, using underscores to create lines is a common and effective way to do it.

To allow someone to type on the lines without them disappearing, you can use the "underline" formatting option instead of the underscore key. Here's how:
  1. Highlight the line you want to make type-able.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Font" section of the ribbon, click on the "Underline" button. This will underline the text, but leave it visible and type-able.
  4. Repeat this process for each line in your questionnaire.

Alternatively, you can use the "Borders and Shading" option to create lines that won't disappear when someone types on them. Here's how:
  1. Highlight the line you want to make type-able.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon, click on the "Borders" button.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select "Bottom Border" . This will create a line under the text that won't disappear when someone types on it.
  5. Repeat this process for each line in your questionnaire.