Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Adding New Styles to the Gallery (Word 2007)

List styles (and table styles) cannot be added to the gallery, only
character and paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PA" wrote in message
As you said, the buttons are not grey when I am on a Paragraph or
Character
style.
But, that doesnt help me - I need to get a new right-aligned list style to
the gallery and still do not see how to accomplish that.

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Those buttons will be grey if the cursor is on a list or table style
(They
aren't in the styles pane, so you can't revise the sort order for them).
Move the cursor to a paragraph or character style.

Pam

PA wrote:
And there is the problem - when I select the style on the Reommend tab,
all
the butons become deactivated (grey) except Select All and Select
Built-in.
I am at a loss as to how to proceed. I cant seem to get styles to the
task
pane.

If your style is displayed in the Styles task pane, right-click and
choose
"Add to Quick Styles gallery." You can promote the style to a higher
[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
Thanks
Paul