Doug Robbins

This will do that.

Dim myrange As Range
Set myrange = Selection.Sections(1).Range
myrange.Start = myrange.Start - 1
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
myrange.End = myrange.Start + 1
myrange.Delete

A wanabee better programmer should be experimenting. I don't know all these
things. What I know is only what's left after I delete all the failures.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"better programmer wannabe"
wrote in message
Hi Doug, The code works exactly as I described my request, however, I only
wanted to delete the section break, not the whole section. Can you modify
the
recommendation to only delete the section break, or at least just go back
the previous section break. Thanks :-)

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Dim myrange As Range
Set myrange = Selection.Sections(1).Range
myrange.Start = myrange.Start - 1
myrange.Collapse wdCollapseStart
myrange.Start = myrange.Sections(1).Range.Start
myrange.End = myrange.End + 1
myrange.Delete

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"better programmer wannabe"
wrote in message
Can someone show me the VBA syntax to find the previous section from
the
current cursor position and deleting it.