Graham Mayor

Once upon a time newsgroup searches were anonymous, now you have to log in
to be able to access the full thread. The only reason I can see for that is
to target yet more advertising. In the main search pages, it is getting to
the stage where required information is lost in a welter of advertisement

Beth Melton wrote:
Can you expand on this Graham? Other than the added advertising I
don't really see a change. I didn't like flat layout view of the
thread but once I figured out how to get the threaded frame back
("view as tree" link) I'm a happy camper. :-)

It is the new beta newsgroup archive that particularly rankles.

Google have royally screwed up the newsgroup search function; and
the
main search function of Google is being rapidly swallowed by
advertising. Greed may yet kill the usefulness of Google.