Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge Excel data into Word (both 2003)

How did you set up the mail merge main document? With a one row table, or a
six row table? It sounds like you might have done the latter and are just
previewing the results rather than actually executing the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

" wrote in message
Doug,

After I have merged the data from Excel into the table in Word, there is a
total of 6 entries in the actual table and I have a least 2000+

Please advise
--
astro44

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Attach your data source to a Catalog (or in Word XP and later it is
called
Directory) type mail merge main document in which you insert the
mergefields
into the cells of a one row table with nothing else in the main document.
When you execute that merge to a new document, that document will contain
table with a row of data for each record in the data source. If you want
use this document as a data source, insert a row at the top of the table
and
into the cells of that row, enter names for each field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

" wrote in
message
Hello.

I have a lot of data created in Excel and would like to convert it into
word data source and then convert it into a Publisher Directory. I do
know
that I can merge the excel data into a directory but all of my fields
are
not
showing up data is not showing up. This why I would like to try a
reverse
way
of merging the data from Word
--