Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default how do I stop word from completing the date when I press enter

I don't think anyone has found any cure for this annoyance (which strikes at
random; some lucky people never experience it). A workaround is just to make
sure you press the spacebar or ESC before Enter or Tab. If you create a
letter template, you can work around the problem entirely by inserting a
CreateDate field in the template, which will insert the date for you
automatically.

"granpoptony" wrote in message
in word 2003, if I type any date (say, 21 August 2006, or even today's

date)
and hit enter, word completes the 2006 bit into a reverse date on the end.
i.e it becomes 21 August 2006/09/02. I can stop this by adding a space,

but
as a business typist, I forget because I am not used to doing it, and it

is
not flagged as an error. Or I can turn off autotext, but then I lose all
other autotext functions.