Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default how do I stop word from completing the date when I press enter

Suzanne's right on as usual, but based on your point about not always
anticipating the demon you might be able to do an after-the-fact Ctrl+Z to
undo the change.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/2/06 1:07 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think anyone has found any cure for this annoyance (which strikes at
random; some lucky people never experience it). A workaround is just to make
sure you press the spacebar or ESC before Enter or Tab. If you create a
letter template, you can work around the problem entirely by inserting a
CreateDate field in the template, which will insert the date for you
automatically.