Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jo416

Default Saving mail merge document problem!

Hello,

I have been trying to create a mail merge document that uses the
INCLUDEPICTURE command. (I'm using Word and Excel 2003) I have followed
several examples online, and I finally got it to work, however I'm running
into an odd problem.

When I save the document,

{INCLUDEPICTURE {MERGEFIELD Picture1 } \d }

becomes

{INCLUDEPICTURE "Procedure%20Pictures/" \*MERGEFORMAT \d}

(The file path of the pictures is S:\OSHA DATA\LOTO PROGRAM\Updated
Procedures 2006\Procedure Pictures)

I have tried several different things including:

{INCLUDEPICTURE "S:\\OSHA DATA\\LOTO PROGRAM\\Updated Procedures
2006\\Procedure Pictures\\{MERGEFIELD Picture1} \d}

Whatever I do, it still replaces it all with {INCLUDEPICTURE
"Procedure%20Pictures/" \*MERGEFORMAT \d}

Could this be some sort of bug in the program? Is there anything I can do
to fix it? I can do the merge before I save, and that works, but as soon as
I hit the save button, it will magically change the field. The problem is I
need to be able to run this merge several times with different pictures, so i
need to be able to save this document.

I hope someone can help!!! This is so frustrating!!! Thanks in advance!