Jay Freedman

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:39:09 -0700, "Chili"
wrote:

when I scan documents to word so I can edit them the document is received all
jumbled and with parts of it missing. My scanner works fine. How can I
correct this?

Most scanners are bundled with software that includes an Optical
Character Recognition (OCR) program. Install that program and use it.

If you're using Office 2002 or 2003, you should have Microsoft Office
Document Image Scanning in the Office group on the Start Programs
menu. It has passable OCR capability.

If you don't have that, you'll have to buy a commercial program.
Recommendations include FineReader
(http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_ocr) and OmniPage
(http://www.scansoft.com/omnipage).

--