Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default Creating Template Variable for a RecordSet?

Hi ?B?U2NvdHR5?=,

I have a template which I would like to put a place holder to display 1 of 2
values depending what the user has selected as a preference. I know very
little of the Word Template operations, but is this possible.

Impossible to say, based on the little you tell us. Where is the user supposed
to select this preference? What does "Recordset" in the subject have to do with
this?

In a general sort of way, it's not possible to link a Word file to any kind of
"Recordset". This would require some kind of VBA code (or VSTO code).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)