Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default Creating Template Variable for a RecordSet?

Hi Scotty:

Yes, it's possible, however I need to know a bit more about what you are
trying to accomplish in order that we can suggest the best way to do it.

I would usually use an "IF" field for this. Look up the help topic "Field
codes: If field" and come back here if you can't figure it out from there
:-)

Cheers

On 8/7/06 12:15 AM, in article
, "Scotty"
wrote:

I have a template which I would like to put a place holder to display 1 of 2
values depending what the user has selected as a preference. I know very
little of the Word Template operations, but is this possible. If so where
should I look for some help.
Thank you.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410