Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] LadyDungeness@Fish.Net is offline

Default Styles Question

I'm hoping one of you can help me with styles. I just found the command for "Styles Separator"' quite by accident. I'm
not sure yet what it does.
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
I have a short introductory phrase on key paragraphs. Like: (e) Adjudicative and legislative facts. That phrase should
be in italics, or bold, or even small caps. If I try to use a style, I have to use a character style. The style doesn't
really stick. It can easily get erased by other formatting operations. I'd like a permanent style so that I could reapply
the formatting -- just like I do for ful paragraphs.
Is there a way to do this?
I'm using Word XP.

Thanks!

Lady Dungeness