Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kanga 85 Kanga 85 is offline

Default Don't want page number on a blank page.

Thanks again Suzanne. A very useful and interesting article.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's more on this at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.
Note that you will not be able to see the blank page (except in Print
Preview if you display facing pages), but it will "print" and will be
counted, so the page numbers will appear to jump.

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne,
I was a bit worried that I was going to have to write a macro; 'if page
blank, then no number'.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If each letter starts with an odd-paged section break, Word will insert a
totally blank even page as needed.

"Kanga 85" wrote in message
I have a large document of letters, with each letter starting on a
right-hand
odd-numbered page. Many of the left hand even-numbered pages are
empty,
and
it looks stupid to have a page number on them. I know how to number
only
odd-numbered pages in Word2002, but can I turn off page-numbering if,
and
only if, the page is otherwise blank?

Thanks for any help/advice