Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default default printer

My point was that you shouldn't have to add Quick Print to the QAT, as it is
one of the buttons that is on the QAT by default.

http://word.mvps.org

"bj" wrote in message
Thank you.
I had added the regular print icon instead of quick print. I didn't know
about quick-print & was doing the customizing from the 'all commands' list
as several things I wanted weren't on the short-lists (most popular? or
whatever) -- and since they're listed alphabetically q-p isn't near the
'print' choice. If you don't know something exists it's hard to go looking
for it.

I've got *most* of Word07 working the way I want but do keep finding
landmines. Things that work *sort of* the way they used to but have been
bleeping "improved" -- and either don't have (because MS thinks you
shouldn't want it & *certainly* should do it that way) or I can't find a
way
to make them work IMO "properly". I've been doing a lot of brute-force
managing these past few months just to get simple tasks done.
grump mode off

Thanks again.
bj

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Perhaps you have customized the QAT? It would seem you must have because
Quick Print is the default QAT button; to get a button that opens the
Print dialog, you would have to have added it.

http://word.mvps.org

"bj" wrote in message
ISTR that in Word 2003 just clicking the print icon on the toolbar would
print using the default (or most recently used?) printer.

Now I'm using 2007. Still under XP.
I have a QA bar with printer icon but it just brings up the printer
dialog
box. Is there a way to have quick-print, without having to keep
selecting
the printer if you're just using the same one, as there used to be?
bj