Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
FUBARinSFO[_2_] FUBARinSFO[_2_] is offline

Default How display values of {SET foo} variables?

For some reason, neither of the statements are displaying the value on
merge:

{SET VAR1 = "foo"}
{SET VAR2 = "bar"}

Var1: {var1}
Var2: {REF var2}

In contrast, I do know how to display stuff. This works OK:

Mergeseq variable: {MERGESEQ}
Mergerec variable: {MERGEREC \* MERGEFORMAT}

Yes, the above braces are Ctrl-F9 braces. And I have referenced the
links to the excellent tutorials and code. What I am doing is working
some of this out for myself, and find I can't even get this little
thing straight.

-- Roy