Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.test.here,24hoursupport.helpdesk
~BD~ ~BD~ is offline

Default CSV merge data via HTTP: redundant downloads?

Mark McGinty wrote:
"Andy"nospam@ wrote in message
~BD~ wrote:

Andy wrote:
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

The 24hoursupport.helpdesk newsgroup however cannot be resolved by my
news
program so my responses are not being posted to that group.

Yes they are.

You are 100% correct, Andy. Thanks for posting.

Doug Robbins seems to be an "A-OK" MVP but has obviously *no clue* about
what is happening here!

Most 'MVPs' are completely stupid and haven't a clue about anything, so
you shouldn't be surprised.

I saw a message in the 'microsoft.public.test.here'group - nowhere else.

Fair enough. Microsoft's news server is probably screwed, which would
explain Mr McGinty's post.

Gah, was there a "how far can you go off-topic" contest I didn't hear about?
:-)

Usenet is great fun, is it not?

For the record I didn't cross-post anything -- thought about it, then was
going to paste a copy of the post that failed into a post to the test group,
then I [correctly] theorized it was a chunk of VBS code that was causing it
to fail. Problem solved... er, worked-around I should say -- the problem is
excessively paranoid filtering.

I agree with what you have said.

How many usenet clients out there can pick out a chunk of script in a post
and execute it?

I have no idea!

I did mention this NG in my post to the test group, and yes I was very much
surprised anyone even read it, let alone responded. I figured it would just
be a bit bucket.

A nice surprise then?

I've explained why *I* was there. Mr Lipman has yet to explain his
involvement. Such behaviour fascinates me.

I could've corrected Doug's mistake, but since it was a matter of absolutely
no consequence, I figured I'd just let it lie, hoping to avoid a long,
worthless sub-thread. Silly me, next time maybe I'll know better.

Why do you consider a sub-thread (as you call it) worthless? Is it
because it costs nothing but time?

-Mark

--
Dave