Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Lost document!

The problem id the ie5 folder is apparently empty. I wonder if I have IE
configured to empty it every time I restart. I guess if that is the case the
file has gone forever!

JB

"Terry Farrell" escreveu na mensagem
Always save the document to your local HDD documents folder before
editing.

The document in question will be somewhere in your Internet Temporary
files: there's an awful lot of them. So use Windows Search, narrow the
search to the Internet Temp folders and search for *.doc. But did you not
try 'Recent Documents' in Word?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"JB" wrote in message
I received a word doc by email, opened and id quite a lot of reviewing
work on it, saving it several times. I restarted the computer and the
file which is still as an attachment in Outlook Express is exactly as I
received it and all the editing and marking has gone!

Where can the file be?

Word 2003 Professional

Help!!!

JB