Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MikeV MikeV is offline

Default Mail merge with Access query as source

By using DDE for a .mdb database, is this implying that Word 2007 cannot
communicate with an Access 2007 database via DDE?

When I try this with an Access 2007 database, it still does not work. The
query pulls
a value off a form to satisfy a criteria entry. When I run it, it prompts
for the value instead of pulling it off the form. This worked when both the
Word document and the database were 2003, but in 2007, they don't work. Do I
need to leave my Access database 2003?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

The only easy way to do it is to change the way that Word connects to
the data source to DDE

in Word 2007, check Office button-Word options-Advanced-Confirm file
format conversion on open (near the bottom), go through the connection
process again, and you should see an additional Confirm Data Source
dialog box. If you see an entry like "MS Access databases via DDE",
select it. If you only see "OLE DB database files" (typically if you are
using a .accdb rather than a .mdb source), check Show all, then locate
and select that DDE option, and continue. In Word 2003, the option has a
similar name under Tools-Options-General.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 21/02/2010 15:52, sailor wrote:
I am trying to create a Word mail merge with an Access database query that
has a parameter (asks for a unique date).
When Word asks for "Select Recipients" I go to my database and the dialog
box lists the database along with all of my Queries EXCEPT QUERIES THAT HAVE
A PARAMETER so I cannot select the parameter query that contains the list of
recipients that I want send to .
How do I get the parameter query to be listed so I can select it to be the
target of my Mail Merge?

.