Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stickcc stickcc is offline

Default Continue numbering from previous section, Word 2007

Thanks to all of you. Guess I will have to figure out a way to work around
this issue for the template.

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Word replicates the header/footer settings of the previous header in the new
one. I'm guessing that you are creating documents with front matter
sections and are restarting the page numbers for the main text at 1. All
new sections thereafter will also start page numbers at 1. What I do is try
to remember to set the page numbers in the first new section to continuous.
Later ones will then also be continuous.

Pam

stickcc wrote:
Is there an easy way to default to continue numbering when i add a new
section? Since that is the option that I would use most, I would prefer that
to starting at page 1 on each new section and then I have to re-format the
number to continue from previous.