Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
steve goodrich

Default help with mailmerge please

Thanks for your help guys, I'm back in business.
"steve goodrich" wrote in message
I've been using the mailmerge feature in microsoft word 97 for years,
merging with a query in Microsoft access 97. this has worked great for
years.
My company has just upgraded to Microsoft office 2003 standard. so I've
now got Word 2003 and Access 97. When I ask mailmerge to find the data, I
navigate to the access 97 query as before, but the results show no
recipients.
I've found a workround by copying the access 97 query into an excel
spreadsheet and using that as the data source but it's not ideal.
Why can't I use the access 97 query as the data source as before, or am I
missing something.
thanks for any advice
regards
Steve Goodrich