Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henslow Henslow is offline

Default Can't remove extra table row spacing -- checked all known attribut

I figured it out. For some reason, Word would not display the actual Top and
Bottom cell margins for those differing rows. When I cut all but one row,
then the setting did show up -- set at .05". Once I changed it to 0, I was
able to paste the other rows back in, and they came in at 0.

I also checked a different table with the same problem. On that one, I was
able to get cell margins to show up on the cell tab of the table options. The
margins showed up as .05", and the box was checked for "Same as the whole
table." By turning off that option, I was able to change the margins to 0",
and then the problem was fixed.

So, another quirk, but at least solvable. If anyone wondered where in the
heck I'm looking at these settings (and actually cared), they are shown at
the images below:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2201/image2ce6.jpg
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2643/image3on5.jpg

"Henslow" wrote:

Since Word 2003, I sometimes receive document drafts from authors where the
tables have extra spacing in some or all of the rows.

I have checked that set row height is turned off, that spacing is set to
single, and that there's 0 points of space above and below the paragraph.
Under default cell margins, I have set top and bottom margins to 0. This has
no effect on the extra spacing.

However, I notice that when I OK my selection to set margins to 0, and then
fields are shown as blank, rather than showing 0. This happens to the problem
tables even if I only have a single cell selected.

Has anyone run across this problem? Is it just a table bug?