Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge to Email not using email address in data file

Is the field in your Excel sheet the /name/ e.g. Tim Smith or an address
(e.g. ) ? If it is an address, does it contain anything
other than that address? (e.g. a display name in brackets) ?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Foose" wrote in message
I have records in my excel spreadsheet that have email addresses. When I
use
Words, merge to "email messages" it doesn't pick up the email address
assigned to that record in my spreadsheet. I seems to pick up the email
address that are in my Outlook contacts. Example I have a record in my
excel
sheet that goes to Tim Smith, but when I merge it want's me to pick a Tim
from my contacts, and Tim Smith is not in my contacts.