Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter K Peter K is offline

Default Remove header & footer from Envelope

Thxs for your reply.

For 99.99% of all my work I do need the header. It puts path & file name in
the top left in small font & today's date in the top right. No problem with
envellopes, Word is smart enough to realize that envelopeds don't get headers
& footers.

It's only when I use that Step by Step Mail Wizard, that even though I
specify 'Envelopes' inists on adding the header.

After I wrote my original question, I edited normal.dotm & deleted the
header & footer from it. (To be put right back in, the moment I was done
with this once a year thing.)Now The file name & date no longer appear, but,
an about 5/8 in. top margin is still there, putting the return address way
too low.

I could print the envelopes individually, bypassing the wizard, & all would
be fine. But, that defeats the purpose.

How can I stop the wizard from imposing that top margin or header?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should not put a header and/or footer in the normal.dot template.
Rather, create another template containing those features and use that
template for the documents that you create for which you want the features.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Peter K" wrote in message
In Word 2007, my normal.dot includes a header. When writing letters &
ending
an Envelope to the document, everything works fine. The header & footer
appear on all text pages, but not on the envelope.

Trying to print envelopes for Xmas cards: Mailing Start Mail Merge
Step
by Step Mail Merge Wizard, I specify under document Type 'Envelopes'.
Going
ahead, all envelopes get a header & a footer, which makes no sense,
apparently based on my normal.dotx.

How can I delete these headers & footers?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter K