Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Getting th £ character to display right up to the number in MM

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Pete Rooney wrote:
Graham,

Thank you very much - how on earth did you figure THIS out? :-)

Regards

Pete

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

I think you'll find more success with { MERGEFIELD "Arrears"
\#"£,0.00" }

Peter Jamieson wrote:
Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

"Pete Rooney" wrote in
message ...
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to
currency, two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is
displayed "£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In
other words, the £ character is frozen in place and the numbers
shunt to the right depending on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to
the left of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete