Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NW Trax4

Default Printing Business Cards

Ya know what? I just spent 1.5 hrs on hp tech support online chat, she had me
configure deskjet 550c, my printer error'd out then of course, our connection
went down!! So, here I sit trying to un-do the tech's instructions and get my
printer back to the way it was. So, I thought hey I'll try it w/the psc
2110...well it pulled reg piece of paper from below the cardstock & printed
the cards on it, out of alignment of course sigh I am going to try & adjust
the top margin to see if it tweaks the doc enough to print correctly...are
all printers like this or just HP's??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Hey, at least yours are feeding! I have some old die-cut cards from
PaperDirect, and my LJ 4100 refuses to feed them at all, with or without
paper, from either tray, etc. I ended up having to print them on the DJ
6122. sigh

"NW Trax4" NW wrote in message
I am having the same trouble with printing business cards on my HP

officejet
5510 &HP psc 2110 as Kellylicious1. When I try to print business cards

they
creep up out of the defined area by the 2nd row of cards. I have cleaned

the
rollers, experimented w/various paper settings, loaded the card stock with

&
without paper underneath it, called Avery (they suggested using "photo

paper
matte" for the paper settings per HP's recommendation to them)and yet

still
have trouble when printing from a Word doc. What printer, paper type
selections do you suggest?? It would be nice if Microsoft included

business
card paper as a printing choice. Thanks for any help you can give me.