Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2002

See the article "When Word Crashes" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ilyaz" wrote in message
After I posted, I discovered that inadvertently I copied some shockwave
file from a web site and pasted it in my document. I do not need it and
don't know what file it is, there is only a placeholder. When I tried to
delete this file, the problem started. So now I should rephrase my
question:
Why deletion of the shockwave file causes freeze? How to delete the
shockwave file from a Word document?

Ilya

"ilyaz" wrote in message
I have Word 2002, which worked fine until today... Today, after I worked
on a document and decided to save it, the Word froze... The only way to
close it - Ctrl+Alt+Del... Of course, all the editing was lost. Later, I
started to work on it again, and the same happened, program is not
responding. I tried another doc and it was OK.
May someone please tell me what's going wrong? Why cannot I save editing
in this doc? I mean, I can edit, I can click Save as, but that's it, the
program frizzes.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida