Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Section Page numbering not working in Word 2003

If you would like to send me the problem doc, I'll take a look.

"shineon" wrote in message
So, please explain to me why what I wrote is not clear to you. I looked
at
everything. Was that not clear. I guess I really do have to spell
everything
out. So let us try this again.

I read the link about this. I followed it exactly. It didn't work. I
tried this several different ways and the numbers were always wrong. I
clicked on each footnote and didn't see any reason for the changes. There
were NO section breaks when the numbers changed. I know that I was seeing
section breaks, because they were there in the places they were supposed
be and when I put a number change in (just for fun), it changed. Why is
all
this so difficult and how do I get it fixed?
--
shineon

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Page numbering in Word basically does what you have told it to do. If the
numbering is wrong, it's because the settings are wrong. You must look at
the Format Page Number dialog in each section (even those that may be
trapped in the middle of pages) to make sure that they either restart or
continue as needed. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm for more.