Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Problem with custom table styles

CORRECTED:
This was a problem in W2003 too (which I fixed by not setting fonts
in table styles and instead applying paragraph styles to table text). But
the programmers have
tried to fix it in W2007 by establishing the style hierarchy--*defaults*,
table style, paragraph style, etc. That means that you set your body
formatting
in the defaults and leave the normal style empty. If you do that, the fonts
you set in the table style will hold. So far, it has worked properly in my
tests. Please let us know how it works for you.

See the Word team's blog for more information:
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...perations.aspx

PamC

I am creating a template in Word 2007. The normal font is Garamond 11pt. I
have created a custom table style, which has Arial 8pt font set (header row,
whole table, every font option I can find is set as Arial 8pt). But when I
apply the custom table style to table, it applies Garamond 11pt not Arial
8pt.