Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tonish Tonish is offline

Default Creating a new document by adding other documents

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I'd use the Insert File dialog box (Insert tab | Object | Text from File in
Word 2007) to bring the documents together; that will also give you a
"preview" of which format changes (if any) that you may have to deal with in
the process.

On the other hand, if you want to preserve formatting (as indicated by your
final question), it would be easier to create three PDFs and then combine
those into a single PDF.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tonish" wrote in message
I am using word 2007. I need to create a new single document from three
existing documents. All docs are word 2003. Also how do I lock each page
in the documents from changing when editing?

The 3 files were created by scanning 3 different documents into PDF and then converting to MS Word. I will be sanning a number of more files and converting. I just thought there would be a way to include all finished word files into one large file.

.