Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Creating a new document by adding other documents

"Tonish" wrote in message
The 3 files were created by scanning 3 different documents into PDF and then
converting to MS Word. I will be sanning a number of more files and
converting. I just thought there would be a way to include all finished
word files into one large file.

It would be almost impossible to do this as the resulting documents will
undoubtedly have similar style names with conflicting descriptions which
cannot co-exist in a document. The simplest method (though time consuming)
would be to use your OCR software scan as plain text then format that text
as you require it. There is no simple way to combine a disparate group of
documents into a single document, and unless there is a pressing reason to
do so I would not bother. Keep the documents separate, or leave them as PDF
and use (say) Acrobat to combine them.