Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alina Alina is offline

Default How to speed up printing?

Terry

Thanks for your answers.

I don't know how to use S#P# instead of Print - Current Page.
Besides, the time of the whole operation is important and I don't
know if S#P# is as fast as clicking Print - Current page.

Splitting the document is not a good solution because I have to
search for a proper page in the entire file.

Could you tell me please which computer parameter (processor,
RAM, etc.) is the most important for the speed of printing from Word?
Maybe I could put 512 MB of RAM instead of 256 MB I have now,
but it'd be difficult to change USB port from 1.1 to 2.0.

Regards,
Alina

Użytkownik "Terry Farrell" napisał w wiadomości ...
Alina

I think probably there's little you can do to stop the repagination. Instead of using the Print, Current Page option, try entering
the S#P# (section number, page number) instead to see if that is faster, but I doubt it. The only solutions I can suggest is
splitting the document or getting a faster computer (or both), which isn't a very practical answer.

Terry

"Alina" wrote in message ...
I find the page using Edit - Find and type a string
which is unique for each page.
I print it using File - Print - Current page.

Can I do anything to avoid Word paginating if it is the reason?

Regards,
Alina

Użytkownik "Terry Farrell" napisał w wiadomości ...
Your problem is probably that Word paginates when you execute the print command. How you are finding the page you want to print
and how do you select it to print?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Alina" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have got a Word97 file which contains about 7 000 pages.
The task is to find a proper page and print it.
Finding any page is fast.
The problem is that after clicking Print - Current page
printer performs Buffering which takes really a lot of time.
Then printing itself is fast.
Is there any method to speed up the Buffering?
I use the Win XP Pro SP2 and HP LJ P2015 printer.
The computer is equipped with USB 1.1 and 256 MB RAM.

Could anybody help me?

Regards,
Alina