Greg Maxey

Claire,

If they are outside fo the printable area they won't show up on print
preview. But since you said that you tried the steps mentioned in that link
it must be something else. Do you by chance have your page numbering
formatted as hidden text? Depending on the view options that you have
selected, it could appear on the screen like normal text with a fine dotted
underline. This may not appear in print or print previes.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

claire wrote:
I tried that Greg but it still is not working. Numbers don't even
show up on print preview!

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Claire,

Where are are you putting the numbering? It could be that your
printer can't print close to the bottom of the page. See:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

claire wrote:
I cna insert page numbers to my word document but they do not show
up
on the print preview or the printed document. How do I fix this?