Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default The "Design" tab is missing in Word 2007

I believe what you are looking for is the contextual Header & Footer Tools |
Design tab. This will appear when the insertion point is in the header or
footer. Double-click in the header area to open the header, and the Design
tab will be displayed. On that tab, check the box for "Different first
page," which will give you a separate First Page Header and First Page
Footer.

For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Ron" wrote in message
All I want is a header on page 1 and the HELP file says to use the DESIGN
tab
but I do not have one.

Why is Microsoft HELP only useful if you know what you are doing? It could
not parse Design Tab missing gave me pages of garbage about setting tabs.
Obviously a user critical KEYWORD field is needed in HELP to understand
what
the user wants.

After 19 years using Winword 1 in 1990 to Office 2003 now, why the heck
did
Microsoft dump 19 years of user intuative experience?