WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } How to remove?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you remove the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } from your footer and replace it with numerical page numbering in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page where you want to remove the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT }.
  2. Double-click on the footer area to open the footer section.
  3. Select the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } field code by clicking on it.
  4. Press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove the field code.
  5. Click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  6. Click on the Page Number drop-down menu and select the position and style of the page number you want to use.

Your page numbers should now appear in the footer. If you want to change the format or style of the page numbers, you can do so by clicking on the Page Number drop-down menu again and selecting Format Page Numbers.

That's it! Your footer should now display numerical page numbering instead of the { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } field code. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.