Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Table of Contents Word 2003

Ctrl+F brings up the Find dialog, which allows you to search for specific
text.

"Bill" wrote in message
Thanks, You're right! When I finally finish I'll have perhaps 5000

various
nouns, adjectives and verbs from A to Z. The title in the 2 columns is

the
same for each page so I can easily change them into Headings, can I not.?

guess I'll have to create a Heading 1 for each letter of the Alphabet. Is
there a way to create a 'search' in a table like this so that if I typed

in
'spite' for example, it would automatically go to that particular word?

best,
bill

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What would the TOC be based on? Does the list contain any headings? If a

TOC
would just repeat every word in the list, what would its purpose be?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bill" wrote in message
news

I created a 2-columned table of about 600 words in alphabetical

order
using the format Professional Table. At the moment I have 30 pages.

How
do
I create a TOC for this? I tried doing what I did with my 600 page

Word
document but it didn't work.